Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Turning a corner

There may be a light at the end of this tunnel. We are finally starting to get some good news around here! Yesterday Brad and I signed a new rate lock for our mortgage price, and amazingly, we saved an extra .25 percent. Yay! It's not a lot of money each month, but it does add up over the course of a 30 year mortgage. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get.

Also, Lauren told Brad yesterday that two houses on our street, built by Bob, within 200 square feet of the size of our house sold this past week. That makes two VERY strong comps in our area. They both have landscaping, and some extra details on the structure of the house (like an additional gable) but they sold for $60,000 more than we are hoping to get. It seems reasonable to me!

The appraiser was supposed to go to the house either yesterday or today, and he's promised to have his numbers to the bank by Friday...which would mean we could close Monday. Goooodness gracious I hope this happens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment