Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Serendipity

We bought the house! It's ours!!!

Yesterday was so exciting. Brad and I both had to go to work for most of the day (building some serious anticipation!) Brad made it until about 1 p.m and decided to go pack up the apartment so we could really move in last night. He loaded up nearly all of our belongings into the Jeep, and apparently it was so full that Zahzu had to sit in his lap for the car ride.

At 3:30 p.m. I met up with Brad at the house, and we drove to the closing! I have to say actually buying the house was the easiest process. And it was a little scary how quickly you can take on an enormous amount of debt. The title company was very nice, and Lauren and Kim were there to help us through the final details.

So throughout this whole home-buying process I've been blogging under the name "Homestead Montana." Well you can imagine my surprise when the last form we filled out was a "homestead Montana" form. No joke. I was dying I got so excited. Apparently it protects us so that in the event of a lawsuit, no one can take our home. Go Montana.

Once the paperwork was done Brad and I went out for a celebratory dinner at Jakes, a local steak restaurant. It was delicious :)

The rest of our evening was spent at Lowes, haha. First thing we did was buy a refrigerator, and boy am I in love with it! We got a stainless steel, french-door refrigerator - and at a steal. Lowes gave us 10 percent off because of a current promotion they were running, and I had an additional 10 percent-off coupon. Win! It should be arriving at the house on Friday morning :)

1 comment: