So in the ultimate twist of housing-disappointments we have now moved into another apartment. Our lease expired and our apartment had already been rented out by another family. No choice but to move on. We've moved approximately 200 yards. Brad and I spent Sunday packing up the last of our things, and scrubbing the apartment. I had our move-out inspection this morning and it looks like we will get back our whole deposit, which is extra nice since they took almost $1,000.
It's such a mixture of emotions. On one hand we are still moving forward. The dimly-lit basement apartment has been replaced with a fully-furnished second-floor apartment. We have cable for the first time in a year, which is a nice bonus. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Food Network last night. (Although after a year of no t.v. I am shocked at how little there is to watch! Seriously, how are there no new amazing shows?) On the other hand, we are having a brief stretch of wonderful weather and we aren't making any progress on our new yard, and our family had to cancel their trip out to visit us. I was really looking forward to seeing them.
Now the waiting game goes around again. We are at the mercy of yet another appraiser, and Brad and I feel like we can do nothing more than wait for the news... good or bad. I tried to call the lender today, but she's out until tomorrow. So no updates today, I suppose.
In the meantime I'm going to try and focus on all the good things. We have a place to live, access to pots and pans to cook with and I have seen tons of wonderful pumpkin-themed recipes on pinterest. Two of our friends invited us over for a seriously delicious dinner last night, and it was just what the doctor ordered. When we left I felt a million times better.
I've been thinking about you, keeping my fingers crossed. Our move this summer was rocky too (not to the extent of yours but not-stress free either) so I kind of know what you're going through. Keep me posted! In the mean time here is another yummy pumpkin recipe to try:
ReplyDeleteBox of dark chocolate brownie mix, ignore the directions on the back, add a can of pumpkin, a 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin spice, make as brownie bites (mini muffin tin), follow the temp and time for a 9x13 on the box. DELICIOUS!!
Hi Julie,
DeleteThanks for thinking of us. I've heard from a couple of people that their first home purchases have been less than smooth-sailing. So I'm trying to stay as positive as I can. Thanks for sharing the recipe, that looks easy and SUPER tasty! Miss you :)