Thursday, October 24, 2013

So much fun!

Brad went and finished up the last bit of cleaning at the apartment this morning, so we are officially moved out! Yay! 

---

Yesterday was so much fun! I came home to a yard I barely recognized :) [Lots of photos to be posted soon.] Brad spent the whole day installing a sprinkler system, drains and buying trees and bushes for the front yard. He did a beyond-fabulous job.

He purchased a gorgeous quaking aspen for the front yard, it's already a beautiful yellow and seriously makes our house look a million times nicer already. Our neighbors all put in small trees - but not us! My hubby bought us a tree that must be 20 feet tall, haha. He also got four small red bushes, a maple tree, an oak tree, a river birch and lots of decorative grasses. The sod comes tomorrow, and I'm sure we will spend all weekend putting it in. :)

Here's a little preview! Please forgive the bank sign that was still on the property, haha. You can see the sprinkler lines that are in, and the red plants that are going to be in by the end of the day, and of course, our beautiful aspen tree.
When I got home last night Ali and her dog Oscar, and Martha's dog Thelma were all at my house. Bribed by beer and pizza Ali helped me start to unpack our kitchen. THANK YOU ALI! I have so so so many dishes and cooking appliances. We worked for a few hours, and there is still more to go. But it's definitely starting to feel like home :) And, once we have our refrigerator installed tomorrow, there will be no stopping us!

No comments:

Post a Comment