Friday, August 23, 2013

30 Days

Hi everyone,

It's only 30 days until our estimated completion date of September 23!

I got a phone call today from Carol at Rich's flooring, to "warn me not to panic" when I walked into the house today because the wrong floors were installed! Apparently the boxes were mislabeled and we got someone else's floors installed in our kitchen. They are pretty, but not what we ordered. We chose a different colored floor, and Carol assured me that everything would be corrected on Monday.

Then I got an email from Lauren saying we needed to pick our front door color. So off to Sherwin Williams I went, in search of the perfect shade of red. I picked up a few dozen samples and took them straight to the house. It was great, I could tuck them into the siding, step back and really see what looked the best. And I found a PERFECT color. It's called "Sundried Tomato." I think it has a lovely plum undertone, which is a cool-tone that goes with the cool grey of the house.

Here's a photo, although it doesn't quite capture the color as it is in person.


The outside of the house is gorgeous! It is nearly complete :) I'm such a happy camper.


Check out how different the house looks in the sunshine versus in the shadows. The house IS all one color, but that line on the left side is just where the shadow starts/stops.

They also did a lot of work on the driveway this morning, so now it looks MUCH nicer. It was a little all-over yesterday, but it's much tighter and neater looking today. They also have the sidewalk marked for the new (appropriate) approach

No comments:

Post a Comment