Today Brad and I met at the barn for some pony kisses, catching up with friends and of course we followed it up with a visit to the house. The house is literally just around the corner from the farm, which means I can see some of the progress from the road. Well, all I could tell was that the roof was a strange greyish-white color and it made my heart stop. I was convinced for the next five minutes that we had picked some terrible color for the roof. Now, keep in mind we just saw roof samples a few days ago and there was nothing wrong, or nontraditional about our choice. Thank goodness that upon closer inspection it was just the layer that goes UNDER the actual roof. Here's a photo of the house from the back. I thought I took a front picture, but apparently not...
The front porch looks like it will be in within the next day or so. They have the gravel and rebar in place, looks like now they are just waiting on the concrete man. The back patio area is just getting a step. Brad has grand plans to build a stone deck area.
| Front porch |
And as a bonus photo, this is the view from our back yard :)
While we were enjoying the view, we got to meet one of our new neighbors. He was very friendly, as was his dog, Buddy. The man told us that the house across the street that has been for sale is priced at over $400,000 and that the builder is angry that smaller houses are going up in the area. I'm not quite sure what they expected, as the development is advertised for homes in the $200k-$300k range. Oh well! I love what our house is turning out to be like. Hopefully when we have done all the landscaping and personal touches, he will feel differently about our home.
Brad and I have been taking walks in the evenings when the temperature cools down at night. We've been checking out all kinds of landscaping ideas, and we definitely have plans!! I really like some of the "hardscaping" (landscaping with rocks) that some people have done and the white bark of the quaking aspens in the area. I want to move in!
No comments:
Post a Comment