Brad and I have already chosen all of the various trimmings for the house - at least preliminarily. But, now that the cabinets have been ordered, I wanted to finalize our flooring selections. We are going to have carpeting in the main living room, hallways, bedrooms and office. Then a laminate in the bathrooms and laundry room, and a wood veneer in the main hallway and kitchen/dining room.
We have had our samples of carpet and laminate for a few weeks now. But when we first looked at our wood selections I wasn't sure what we were choosing for the cabinets (and since the wood will touch the cabinets, they HAVE to make sense together!) We were debating between a standard wood finish and white cabinets. I adore white cabinets, but they were a splurge for our budget.
We talked and talked and finally decided on white cabinets and a dark island, which makes the flooring selection a little harder for the kitchen area of the house. I think we are going to go with a medium shade for the floor. We decided to pop by the flooring store and check out our options again, this time with cabinet samples in-hand.
Turns out someone from the store had given the samples to one of the builders to take, so they didn't have anything they could show us. I'm supposed to get a call next week so that I can get a new set, but man was I bummed. So, no progress on the house today - but not for lack of trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment