Okay sorry about going so silent the past week, I've been pouting about not closing on the house last week. I think everyone pretty much hates me at this point because I keep calling to ask when the final appraisal will be done, and WHEN WILL WE CLOSE GOSH DARN IT?! They keep telling me there is "nothing" they can do, and that the appraiser will come when he darn well pleases it (more or less.) They have said they have exhausted all of their options, but that they think we should be able to close by this upcoming Friday, Oct. 4.
We were supposed to close last Monday, Sept. 23. which means if we do close Friday we have just wasted 11 days. I'm just hoping that we are able to close on the new date. They keep telling me that we'll close sooner if everything is done earlier. But I worry that because they have Friday in their heads no one is going to speed anything up. We saw the builder today and he said he thought the appraisal was supposed to be finished by this past Wednesday or Thursday, but that he didn't know what the status was. Ugh.
Unfortunately in the gap in time we may have missed our window to install the sprinkler system and sod for the lawn, prior to the turn of the weather. Our weather in Montana is all over the place. It was 35 degrees last night and will be 70 tomorrow. So we're keeping our fingers crossed that we can get it all done lightning-fast when the house is finally, completely ours.
In the meantime, we've moved everything into the new house, and are now living like hobos in the apartment. No joke all we've got is a mattress and the tv with some frozen dinners. Yum (sarcasm). Zahzu thinks we've lost our minds, but she seems to enjoy the big family living-room sleepover.
Since my last post there have been some changes to the house that DO make me very happy. We got our fantastic new front door. I love the color "sundried tomato" and I think the small shelf really adds a wonderful detail. I can hardly wait to dress up the door with a beautiful fall wreath and a welcome mat!
I've been reading about staining concrete. It looks easy, and there is one house on our street that has done it. It would give the concrete a deep reddish-brown color. Anyway, just thinking about it - the concrete looks so dull next to the pretty colors of the house.
So here are some preview photos of the house with some of our furniture in it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment