Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Yogi

Merry Christmas everyone!

Well it was a whirlwind trip back East for two and a half days for Christmas. Brad and I both went to work on Monday, and then we started our travels to Pennsylvania that evening. We had two flights and got to the coast by 6 a.m. Christmas eve morning. We went to my in-laws house and were greeted by family, and our newest puppy. What a fantastic welcome-home!!!

And, no sooner did we meet the puppy, but we continued trying to come up with a name for him. Brad had been making a big play for the name "Norman" but it just didn't fit. It took us almost all of Christmas to figure out what we wanted to call the puppy, and we finally decided on "Yogi." I love it, I think it is so cute.


Yogi would run around and play with everyone for about 30 minutes, and then he would be so exhausted that he had to take a nice long nap with his big yellow duck :)

We spent Christmas eve mostly just hanging out with family and playing with the new puppy. We went to church, and it was the fastest Catholic Christmas mass ever, and a nice little bit of snow was coming down when we were leaving. We spent part of the afternoon taking all the collies (Yogi included) on a walk at the creek. I thought we were going to have to carry him at least part of the way, but he was on a roll.

"Man and his dog"
The rest of Christmas eve was spent wrapping presents, more playing with the puppy and enjoying SO. MUCH. FOOD. Oh my gosh, yum. We also played a particularly hysterical game of Taboo. If you haven't played it, you should, it is the best game.

Christmas morning was wonderful. We all piled into the living room and unwrapped some really amazing gifts. It was just so nice to be back home. My parents drove up to PA in the afternoon to join in on the festivities. It was a full house full of lots of love :)

Everything came to an end far too quickly. We made a dash out to Dover Saddlery to exchange a few gifts, and I got a quick collie grooming lesson. Before I knew it I was back on an airplane to Montana.

Zahzu was at the house ready to greet me, but I'm in trouble with her for leaving for a few days. There has been some serious bribery going on since I got back, but she's still pretty much ignoring me. Oh well! Happy holidays! The countdown to my next east coast trip begins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment