Sunday, November 10, 2013

Home photos and the garage makeover

Hi everyone,

I've been holding off on making any blog updates because I wanted to get unpacked! We have everything out of boxes, except for what's in the office (more on that later.) There is still lots to be done, and we are in desperate need of window treatments - but it is finally feeling like home. Brad and I hung nearly all of our photos yesterday, and all of the furniture is (more or less) where it's going to live.

Kitchen

We are in the process of choosing knobs and pulls for the cabinet doors, which will add a lot of color to the cabinets themselves. We also need to paint the kitchen. But I'm still not sure what color to do, so I'm just living with it as-is for now.


(Haha, took a break from doing bills and the office isn't set up yet! So please forgive the mail!)

Living room

This is the photo we got on our honeymoon in California. This photo doesn't do it justice, nor does it really show HOW big it is. This was the best wall in the house for it, but when we moved in the thermostat was smack in the middle of where the photo was going to go. Brad moved it for me, and now it's much better than having the photo off-center.

Master bedroom/bath

Sorry folks, no photos here yet!

Second bedroom


Hall bath

Just some detail photos until I figure out how to take a photo of a bathroom without myself in the mirror...

Garage

THE GARAGE!!! Oh my gosh, okay lesson learned, I'll take photos every step of the way through the next project. But here's the update. Brad really wanted to finish the garage, and quick! When we moved into the house, the garage was up to code, but unfinished. This means that we had drywall ONLY on the walls that are shared with the main part of the house. They weren't painted, or pretty, but at least there were walls. The rest of the garage was just exposed beams from the construction.

Here it is, photo credit to my hubby who remembered to take a photo before he started :)


The first weekend in the house Brad got drywall up on the remaining walls. Then we went back through and covered all the screws with putty, and sanded them down. This weekend he has added interior corners to make some smooth edges, and then we sheet-rocked the entire garage. Oh my gosh, what a job. The first section Brad did by hand with a putty knife, then after consulting the internet, we watered it down and rolled it onto the walls. Then you have to go immediately behind it and scrape it off with a giant ... scraper... hmm there's probably an official word for that, but that's what you're getting today.



Unfortunately because it's winter in Montana, everything we have still has to stay in the garage. And what would normally be against the walls is just stranded in the middle of the garage - and our cars are parked outside, haha.

Ooooooh, pretty. Inside the garage at the end of the day.
Tomorrow is Veterans Day, and Brad has off work because his job is awesome. I however have to go to work, boo. Luckily, we went to Lowes yesterday and picked up a couple gallons of paint, and Brad should get at least the first coat onto the walls tomorrow. I'll post pictures when it's up, but we picked a neutral gray color, and there's going to be a cool red stripe too. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment